Friday, December 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
This is how Grace was when I left the room and ...
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I first saw this on Dallas' blog and thought it was a neat tag, but she didn't tag me (the stinker), so when Brooke posted it on her blog and didn't tag anyone in particular I decided to do it just because I love to hear about other people's pregnancy and childbirth experiences.
1. Where were you when you first found out you when you found out you were pregnant? At home
2. Who was with you? Justin
3. What was your first reaction? Shocked and surprised. After trying for 3 1/2 years I was always hopeful for a positive test, but expected a negative.
4. What was your husband's reaction? He knew I was pregnant before I took the test because I was really moody and being mean to him for a few days prior. He kept telling me he was sure I was pregnant.
5. Who was the first person you told? My mom I think
6. Were the pregnancies planned? Yes
7. Was everyone happy for you? Yes
8. What was the sex? Girl
9. Did anyone throw a shower for you? A few of the women in my ward hosted one for me.
10. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? Absolutely. Some people didn't pay much attention to the sizes and bought winter clothes even though it would be the middle of summer when she would fit into them.
11. How much weight did you gain? 26lbs
12. Did you get stretch marks? Luckily I didn't get any
13. Did you crave anything crazy? I always wanted Arby's roast beef sandwiches.
14. Who or what got on your nerves the most? Trying to find maternity clothes that fit me. Most of the pants were about 3 inches too long.
15. Where were you when you went into labor? On my way to work, but I waited about an hour before going to the hospital because I wasn't sure if it was real labor.
16. Did you have any complications? Premature labor
17. Did your water break? The dr. broke my water after about 9 hours of labor and only progressing 1cm
18. Who drove you to the hospital? Justin, luckily I was working at the same place as him so I just walked into his office and told him my dr. said to get to the hospital ASAP.
19. Did you go early or late? 6 weeks early
20. Who was in the room? Justin, Dr., and 2 nurses
21. Did you video tape it? No way, but I did get a pretty good view from the reflection on the TV
22. Did you have any pain medication? Heck Yeah! I had IV meds during most of the labor and once the Dr. broke my water I got an epidural
23. Did you have a c-section or natural? Natural
24. What was your reaction to the birth? I was surprised by how easily the delivery was. I was expecting a lot of pain and a long time pushing, but it was a really quick and pain free.
25. How big was the baby? 5lbs 4oz
26. Did your husband cry? I actually don't recall. He was pretty amazed by the entire thing.
27. When is the next one coming? Don't know. Hopefully not too far off.
28. If you could would you do it all over again? Absolutely.. I wouldn't even think twice about it.
I tag everyone in my "People I Stalk" list who this applies to!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
checking out the local attractions :)
lounging by the pool
With my parents at the Sirens of TI show at Treasure Island. If you haven't seen, don't be too disappointed. It's definitely a PG-13 kind of show... not for the little ones.
Justin's mom with Donny and Marie
We couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a picture of Cindy in front of Harrah's with the entertainment in the background. She had no idea they were there.
The whole gang at the Temple
Grace with her uncles (AKA: babysitters). Thanks guys!
Grace being Elvis
The lady in the background was mad at us because this souvenier shop apparently has a "no cameras" policy. Oops.
Cindy at the Expo in front of one of the HUGE dump trucks that haul the coal around the mine
This is me standing next to the wheel of one of those dump trucks
The second day of the Expo Justin was able to be out at the NASCAR track with a bunch of Bucyrus customers for the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Only the customers were able to drive, but Justin got to do a ride-a-long.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Grace is officially on the move. She started crawling Saturday night and is getting better at it everyday. I guess this means I'm going to have to be much more careful of what I leave lying in her path. She's already figured out how to pull the magazines off of the coffee table and she is trying so hard to pull herself up on everything. She's growing up so fast and I can't believe that she'll be 10 months old on Monday. Time goes by way too fast when you have a baby at home.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Dallas tagged me this time. I had to take pictures of the following:1. kitchen sink2. my favorite room3. my fridge4. closet5. laundry room6. self7. kids8. dream vacation9. favorite shoes10. bathroomWith NO Cleaning!
My sink, with baby bottles to be washed. The story of my life!
You can't really tell from this photo that we need groceries.
This is our entry closet. We have GREAT storage in this house so all of our closets look like this... half full.
I had to take 2 pictures of the laundry room because it's only as wide as one machine and they face eachother. Lame, I know. This is my least favorite room in the house based on functionality. Oh, and did you notice the lovely overspray on our cabinets from when we textured the walls? Someday I'm going to have a GIANT laundry/mud room. Someday.
My kiddo being being cute.
Ahh, shoes. My fave church shoes, flip flops, casual and comfy, and my "hooker" boots.
I really don't know what to say about this photo. I tried my best to get a shot of the entire room without my flash being in the mirror. And yes, you are seeing this right. The bathroom has lavender cabinets, floral wallpaper, and royal blue tile. Oh, and what you can't see is that the backsplash has lighthouses on it. What can I say? The house was a freaking steal! We do have plans to remodel. We are definitely NOT leaving it this way. I just keep the door closed for now.
Okay, here's the people I'm tagging: Hilary, Krisha, Jamie, and Lisa
Sorry if you hate being tagged, but I'm trying to mix it up a little.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
As I posted a while back, I had the opportunity to spend a weekend in Vegas with 3 of the greatest girls I know. We all arrived around noon on Friday and greeted each other with long overdue hugs. After getting the rental car we headed off to our hotel. We got a 2-room suite at Cancun Resort Villas. It was perfect for what we were in Vegas to do. It was family friendly (which means no casino) and had plenty of room for the 4 of us. We had lunch, did some shopping at the outlets, had a blast sliding down the waterslides and swimming in the pools at the hotel and headed out for a fabulous dinner of Brazilian cuisine at Samba. We stayed up way too late talking and playing NERTZ, just like old times. On Saturday we headed down to the pool to work on our tans in the morning. We decided to eat at the MGM Grand Buffet for a late lunch (we were in Vegas, right?) I must say that I'm quite proud of how much I was able to eat. Sometimes I worry that I don't get my money's worth at buffets, but my appetite did not disappoint, nor did the Grand Buffet. After lunch we walked the strip and did some more shopping before heading down to Freemont Street to catch the show. I think Freemont Street was my favorite part of the entire weekend. I loved that it wasn't too crowded and that there were mostly locals hanging out. We got some BIG NON-alcoholic drinks and had a good time listening to music. Click here to see a video clip of the great entertainment we were lucky to catch. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.Bridget after coming off the waterslide. I love how it looks like she is trying to be all sexy and seductive.
Megan and I relaxing in the pool.
All of us after we stuffed ourselves at the buffet
Dinner at Samba at the Mirage. Great food and great company
Grrr. I just uploaded more pictures and was about to publish this post when it deleted them. Check out Dallas' blog if you want to see a slideshow of all our pictures from the weekend.
Thanks for the great time girls... I can't wait until the next reunion!
Here are the rules:
Link the Person who Tagged you.
Mention rules on your blog.
Tell about 6 quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.
Leave a comment to let them know.
Here are my quirks:
1. (I know this isn't a quirk now, but it was once and I hope it will be again someday!)
When I was pregnant I couldn't stand to eat meat of any kind except for Arby's roast beef sandwiches. Everyday at work when Justin would ask where I wanted to go for lunch and I would respond with, "Arby's." My sweet husband almost always agreed.
2. I am a closet Fresh Prince of Bel Air fan and always have been (Just aske Megan). When Grace was first born and would get up during the night for feedings I would watch it on Nick at Nite and I find myself missing it ever since she started sleeping through the night. Oh, and while we were in Vegas for 2 weeks I was walking through a casino and the Carlton song came on, "It's not unusual..." and it took all my strength not to bust out the Carlton dance.
3. I love cheesy made for TV movies on ABC Family and get really excited when a new one is premiering (like the Cutting Edge 2 &3). Christmas time is the best for this quirk.
5. I hate to drink water, especially first thing in the morning. The only time I like water is when I've been doing something really active, like exercising (which is really, really rare) and I'm all hot and sweaty. Even then I'm very particular about the temperature of the water.
6. I refuse to drink any soft drink of the diet kind. I also won't drink anything that is sugar free. I always choose to go without or drink water (refer to quirk #5 to understand just how much I hate diet and sugar free drinks). Diet sodas leave the most bitter taste in my mouth and I hate it.
I'm tagging Dallas, Brooke, Emily, Morgan, and Chandi
Stay tuned for more posts detailing our month of September that was basically spent in Las Vegas.