Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Baby Tag






I first saw this on Dallas' blog and thought it was a neat tag, but she didn't tag me (the stinker), so when Brooke posted it on her blog and didn't tag anyone in particular I decided to do it just because I love to hear about other people's pregnancy and childbirth experiences.

1. Where were you when you first found out you when you found out you were pregnant? At home
2. Who was with you? Justin
3. What was your first reaction? Shocked and surprised. After trying for 3 1/2 years I was always hopeful for a positive test, but expected a negative.
4. What was your husband's reaction? He knew I was pregnant before I took the test because I was really moody and being mean to him for a few days prior. He kept telling me he was sure I was pregnant.
5. Who was the first person you told? My mom I think
6. Were the pregnancies planned? Yes
7. Was everyone happy for you? Yes
8. What was the sex? Girl
9. Did anyone throw a shower for you? A few of the women in my ward hosted one for me.
10. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? Absolutely. Some people didn't pay much attention to the sizes and bought winter clothes even though it would be the middle of summer when she would fit into them.
11. How much weight did you gain? 26lbs
12. Did you get stretch marks? Luckily I didn't get any
13. Did you crave anything crazy? I always wanted Arby's roast beef sandwiches.
14. Who or what got on your nerves the most? Trying to find maternity clothes that fit me. Most of the pants were about 3 inches too long.
15. Where were you when you went into labor? On my way to work, but I waited about an hour before going to the hospital because I wasn't sure if it was real labor.
16. Did you have any complications? Premature labor
17. Did your water break? The dr. broke my water after about 9 hours of labor and only progressing 1cm
18. Who drove you to the hospital? Justin, luckily I was working at the same place as him so I just walked into his office and told him my dr. said to get to the hospital ASAP.
19. Did you go early or late? 6 weeks early
20. Who was in the room? Justin, Dr., and 2 nurses
21. Did you video tape it? No way, but I did get a pretty good view from the reflection on the TV
22. Did you have any pain medication? Heck Yeah! I had IV meds during most of the labor and once the Dr. broke my water I got an epidural
23. Did you have a c-section or natural? Natural
24. What was your reaction to the birth? I was surprised by how easily the delivery was. I was expecting a lot of pain and a long time pushing, but it was a really quick and pain free.
25. How big was the baby? 5lbs 4oz
26. Did your husband cry? I actually don't recall. He was pretty amazed by the entire thing.
27. When is the next one coming? Don't know. Hopefully not too far off.
28. If you could would you do it all over again? Absolutely.. I wouldn't even think twice about it.

I tag everyone in my "People I Stalk" list who this applies to!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I like hearing about other people's experiences too. Hopefully it doesn't cause me to put off having kids longer than I need to :)

And if being drugged up helps you have a painless delivery, I'm doin it fo sho!

I love that Justin knew you were prego because you were mean. Haha!

The Garza's said...

Your family is so freaking cute, I haven't seen your blog thing for a while and you guys have been busy! Your so cute and such a good mom- i am so glad you got grace! happy halloween also!