Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow


It's been snowing all day here in East Texas. We had a pretty nice covering this morning, but about 11am it warmed up enough to melt what was on the ground. Now that it's about 5pm it's cold enough that it's sticking to the grass, trees, and cars again. One thing I love about living here is that we don't have to deal with snow in the winter. I guess today is the exception. I knew the weather was going to be like this today, so I went out of my way yesterday to make sure I wouldn't have to go out in it. We've been in the house all day with the blinds and curtains open so we can watch the snow fall outside.

P.S. I can hear the little kids in our neighborhood outside laughing and playing in the snow. They don't get to experience this very often. The sound of their giggling makes my heart happy.








1 comment:

v said...

Snow is certainly an event here in E. Texas. Who would have imagined 8 inches! Best thing, it melted and we didn't have to shovel the walk/drive. I bet Grace loved playing in the snow.