Thursday, February 25, 2010

Since my previous post was about what I've been up to, I thought I'd let you all see what Grace has been up to the past few weeks.

Grace was sick over Valentine's weekend so she didn't really get to enjoy the goodies. I had to run to the store the day after V-day and they had their cupcakes and cookies half-off. She didn't hesitate to dig into her cupcake. I think she gets her love of cake from her Grandma Debbie... okay, probably a bit from her mom too!

One morning for breakfast I fixed Grace a bowl of chocolate frosted mini bites (or whatever they're called). She didn't each much of it, but she had a great time playing in it after the wheat bites absorbed all the milk.

I was in the bathroom getting ready and she came in with her hands looking like this. It looked like she had poop all over them. I totally freaked out and started checking her all over to make sure she didn't have some kind of an exploding diaper, and then I realized it smelled like chocolate.


A couple days ago I came out to the living room to this. Yep, that's a tube of diaper rash cream. She managed to get it off the shelf in her bedroom, pry the cap open, and have a hay day with it. I assume she thought it was lotion because she was rubbing it all over her hands and cheeks.
F.Y.I. Diaper rash cream is meant to repel moisture. It doesn't clean up quickly or easily.
P.S. I really am an attentive mother. I don't let my daughter run around the house getting into whatever she pleases. Sometimes she's just too quick and sneaky for me.

5 comments:

Brooke Colvin said...

Those pictures (and stories) are hilarious. And, don't worry - none of us think you are an unattentive mother. Kids can get into something and destroy in the house at any time of day. They are way too fast and sneaky for us sometimes :)

brandon said...

that is awesome, thank you for the pics, she is so freaking cute and looks like she is having so much fun. if she is anything like her daddy and uncles, you will definitely have your hands full for.... the rest of your life :) have a great day!

Queen of Kings said...

She is the cuttest little girl.. looks like a busy one too! I had a little giggle at the diaper cream but its not too funny when you have to clean it up. Good thing she's so cute!

Dave and Krisha said...

I am still laughing!! Grace is so flippin cute!! We have had more than one diaper cream incident at our house....let me pass along that baby wipes will clean it off most surfaces in a jiffy!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

No worries Amy, Lindy and I were playing with play-dough (for the first time ever) and she snuck bites of it three times, I was right there! She spat it out, but come on, I was right there!