I first saw this on Dallas' blog and thought it was a neat tag, but she didn't tag me (the stinker), so when Brooke posted it on her blog and didn't tag anyone in particular I decided to do it just because I love to hear about other people's pregnancy and childbirth experiences.
1. Where were you when you first found out you when you found out you were pregnant? At home
2. Who was with you? Justin
3. What was your first reaction? Shocked and surprised. After trying for 3 1/2 years I was always hopeful for a positive test, but expected a negative.
4. What was your husband's reaction? He knew I was pregnant before I took the test because I was really moody and being mean to him for a few days prior. He kept telling me he was sure I was pregnant.
5. Who was the first person you told? My mom I think
6. Were the pregnancies planned? Yes
7. Was everyone happy for you? Yes
8. What was the sex? Girl
9. Did anyone throw a shower for you? A few of the women in my ward hosted one for me.
10. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? Absolutely. Some people didn't pay much attention to the sizes and bought winter clothes even though it would be the middle of summer when she would fit into them.
11. How much weight did you gain? 26lbs
12. Did you get stretch marks? Luckily I didn't get any
13. Did you crave anything crazy? I always wanted Arby's roast beef sandwiches.
14. Who or what got on your nerves the most? Trying to find maternity clothes that fit me. Most of the pants were about 3 inches too long.
15. Where were you when you went into labor? On my way to work, but I waited about an hour before going to the hospital because I wasn't sure if it was real labor.
16. Did you have any complications? Premature labor
17. Did your water break? The dr. broke my water after about 9 hours of labor and only progressing 1cm
18. Who drove you to the hospital? Justin, luckily I was working at the same place as him so I just walked into his office and told him my dr. said to get to the hospital ASAP.
19. Did you go early or late? 6 weeks early
20. Who was in the room? Justin, Dr., and 2 nurses
21. Did you video tape it? No way, but I did get a pretty good view from the reflection on the TV
22. Did you have any pain medication? Heck Yeah! I had IV meds during most of the labor and once the Dr. broke my water I got an epidural
23. Did you have a c-section or natural? Natural
24. What was your reaction to the birth? I was surprised by how easily the delivery was. I was expecting a lot of pain and a long time pushing, but it was a really quick and pain free.
25. How big was the baby? 5lbs 4oz
26. Did your husband cry? I actually don't recall. He was pretty amazed by the entire thing.
27. When is the next one coming? Don't know. Hopefully not too far off.
28. If you could would you do it all over again? Absolutely.. I wouldn't even think twice about it.
I tag everyone in my "People I Stalk" list who this applies to!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
checking out the local attractions :)
lounging by the pool
With my parents at the Sirens of TI show at Treasure Island. If you haven't seen, don't be too disappointed. It's definitely a PG-13 kind of show... not for the little ones.
Justin's mom with Donny and Marie
We couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a picture of Cindy in front of Harrah's with the entertainment in the background. She had no idea they were there.
The whole gang at the Temple
Grace with her uncles (AKA: babysitters). Thanks guys!
Grace being Elvis
The lady in the background was mad at us because this souvenier shop apparently has a "no cameras" policy. Oops.
Cindy at the Expo in front of one of the HUGE dump trucks that haul the coal around the mine
This is me standing next to the wheel of one of those dump trucks
The second day of the Expo Justin was able to be out at the NASCAR track with a bunch of Bucyrus customers for the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Only the customers were able to drive, but Justin got to do a ride-a-long.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Grace is officially on the move. She started crawling Saturday night and is getting better at it everyday. I guess this means I'm going to have to be much more careful of what I leave lying in her path. She's already figured out how to pull the magazines off of the coffee table and she is trying so hard to pull herself up on everything. She's growing up so fast and I can't believe that she'll be 10 months old on Monday. Time goes by way too fast when you have a baby at home.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Dallas tagged me this time. I had to take pictures of the following:1. kitchen sink2. my favorite room3. my fridge4. closet5. laundry room6. self7. kids8. dream vacation9. favorite shoes10. bathroomWith NO Cleaning!
My sink, with baby bottles to be washed. The story of my life!
You can't really tell from this photo that we need groceries.
This is our entry closet. We have GREAT storage in this house so all of our closets look like this... half full.
I had to take 2 pictures of the laundry room because it's only as wide as one machine and they face eachother. Lame, I know. This is my least favorite room in the house based on functionality. Oh, and did you notice the lovely overspray on our cabinets from when we textured the walls? Someday I'm going to have a GIANT laundry/mud room. Someday.
My kiddo being being cute.
Ahh, shoes. My fave church shoes, flip flops, casual and comfy, and my "hooker" boots.
I really don't know what to say about this photo. I tried my best to get a shot of the entire room without my flash being in the mirror. And yes, you are seeing this right. The bathroom has lavender cabinets, floral wallpaper, and royal blue tile. Oh, and what you can't see is that the backsplash has lighthouses on it. What can I say? The house was a freaking steal! We do have plans to remodel. We are definitely NOT leaving it this way. I just keep the door closed for now.
Okay, here's the people I'm tagging: Hilary, Krisha, Jamie, and Lisa
Sorry if you hate being tagged, but I'm trying to mix it up a little.