Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Picture Tag

I was tagged by Monica
1. go to your sixth folder
2. go to your sixth picture
3. blog about it
4. tag 6 people

This was taken the day Grace was born. I had already spent 3 days in the hospital on magnesium to stop my labor. Justin showed up just before 8am to take me home (I hadn't been contracting for 36 hours so I was going home on bed rest orders). When I started eating breakfast, which happened to be the first meal I had eaten in 3 days, I started having contractions again so the nurse snatched all my food away and prepped me for labor and delivery.
Lessons learned:
1. Don't inform hospital staff that you're in labor until AFTER having finished a meal.
2. Shave legs daily from 32 weeks until delivery, just in case that baby decides to come early.
3. Refuse the drug Stadol at all costs
All in all it was an awesome day, even if it is a pretty nasty picture of me.
I tag Dallas, Brooke, Janet, Ashleigh, Krisha, and Morgan

6 comments:

Monica&Kevin said...

Haha! I love #2. Words of wisdom. I think I took 2 showers that day before I finally checked into the hospital. A little OCD. What is stadol?

Monica&Kevin said...

I mean, what side effects come from taking stadol?

Dallas and Shelby Scoffield said...

Shaved legs? Who needs shaved legs? LOL

Hilary said...

yikes. thanks for the advice :)

Justin, Amy, and Grace said...

Stadol(sp?) made me more nauseous than I've ever been in my life. I was so sick I couldn't even open my eyes. It didn't make me sleepy, although everyone thought I was asleep because I couldn't open my eyes or talk or move or do anything. I felt like I was totally trapped in my body. It was the most horrible experience. After the drug wore off I told Justin how it made me feel and he did not believe me. He swore I was asleep until I told him every show that was on the tv and every phone conversation he had while I was "asleep." Anyone I've talked to who has been given stadol for labor pain has had a very similar experience. Never again!

Monica&Kevin said...

Oooh that sounds so awful! Thanks for the heads up. I'll remember that for future reference!