Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween 2011

This year, Justin was out of town the week prior to Halloween so the girls and I headed over to carve pumpkins with several other families from church.  Claire was totally freaked out by all the people and the unfamiliar setting.  Grace was loving cleaning out the pumpkin, until she saw a bunch of kids playing on a playground/swing set.  We had a good time, but Justin is definitely the pumpkin carver in the family.  I didn't even get a picture of our carved jack-o-lantern.    

 Jaici was so sweet and tried to make Claire happy

 Grace diggin' in to her pumpkin


On the 29th we had a tri-ward trunk or treat at the church.  Grace is really into the Pinkalicious books, so when I found this dress on clearance a few months ago I knew she had to be Pinkalicious for Halloween.


 Here she is playing 'pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern'.  That guy next to her is supposed to be a deviled egg.  I thought it was pretty clever.

In the books Pinkalicious has an imaginary unicorn named Goldilicious, Goldie for short.   I made up a unicorn costume for Claire so she could be Grace's little sidekick.  Below is a picture of one of the book covers with Pinkalicious and Goldie.  We couldn't get a good picture of Claire.  She was the cutest unicorn EVER!  I even made her a golden mane and tail with pink flowers.  I might have to dress her up in it again just for a photo shoot. 



1 comment:

Allison said...

That is awesome - you did a great job on the costumes! The girls look adorable, probably cause they are adorable. ;o)