Friday, April 4, 2008

Say Cheese

Last week I took Grace to get her 3 month portraits and it was a disaster. I had to drive to Tyler, TX which is about 45 minutes from our house. I made an appointment for 2:30 and got there just in time. When we walked into the studio it was about 85 degrees and I was sweating (it didn't help that it was raining outside and we had like 100% humidity that day). The girl who took the pictures drove me crazy. She would set everything up and have me lay Grace down and then decide that the angle was bad, so I'd have to pick Grace up again and let her rearrange it. This would go on for quite some time so when she ended up snapping the picture it would turn out something like this: Grace was getting very fussy because it was so hot in there and because it was getting to be her feeding time. I asked if I could take 5-10minutes to feed her and then continue with the pictures once she was full and happy, but the picture taking girl informed me that she had another appointment scheduled for 3:00. What kind of fool only allows 30 minutes for portraits with a 3 month old? AND I had told them over the phone I was going to have a wardrobe change for Grace. Luckily I had a coupon for the session so I got a free 8x10 and a portrait package for $7.99.
This is the only picture of Grace that turned out decent. This is the one I ordered.
This was the girl's favorite position to put Grace in. I was NOT a fan of it. Grace was having fun playing with her dress though.
This was taken when Grace started to get hungry. We have several pictures of her sucking on her fist. Poor, hungry baby.

The last pictures we took were of the both of us. This is the only one where Grace is not crying. I knew I wanted to take a few of the two of us so when I left the house I had my hair fixed up all cute but between the rain, humidity, and sauna of a portrait studio, it had gone to pot.

Needless to say I will not be using that JC Penny again for portraits. I am now on the search for a new place to have pictures taken that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
P.S. We don't have Kiddie Kandids around here like in Utah. The nearest one to us is in Dallas, 2 hours away.











4 comments:

Hilary said...

Good thing you at least got a discount. It hurts more when you pay more!

AND they still look cute :)

Petersen Family said...

Oh Amy! That sounds traumatic! I just took Brayden to a new place near us called Portrait Innovations. They are better than Kiddie Kandids in my opinion. You'll have to see if you have one around you!

Dallas and Shelby Scoffield said...

Amy- I absolutley HATE picture days. There is sooo much pressure to have them look perfect and get the perfect shot- it hardly ever works out just right. So- I know I put your cell phone into my phone, but now it's gone. When r you going to Howell? Send me your phone numbers or call me at 208-539-1876 and let me know with the plan is. We were planning to go next weekend, but we'll wait until whenever you guys are going to be there.

Dallings said...

Hi Amy!! Glad you found me. It makes blogging worhtwhile. Congrats on your sweet baby girl. You look so great! I loved our summer apartment. Does your husband know that you can do flower arrangements?! Yes having twins is very busy. I'm hoping three is the magical number where things start calming down! Stay in touch.