Monday, March 31, 2008

Ready, Aim, Fire

Saturday afternoon we decided to go to the gun range and test out the pistol Justin purchased last fall. Justin travels some for work and wants me and Grace to be safe when he's gone. I think he was pleasantly surprised at how well I did. I wasn't very comfortable shooting it because it felt too big and awkward for my hands. There was one other guy at the handgun range and he overheard me tell Justin that I was uncomfortable shooting it, so the nice gentleman let me fire a few rounds of his gun. People in Texas are so friendly.. they even share their firearms.
Here is Justin loading our "borrowed" gun

I'm pointing to the the area of the target that I was aiming for. You can't see it very well, but I actually hit the bullseye

See... I told you

Here's a shot of the nice guy who loaned us his gun










3 comments:

The Birds said...

Welcome to the world of blog!!! It really can be addicting! It's been a lot of fun for us though! Oh, and that one picture of Grace with her J.D. socks on, she looks EXACTLY like her daddy! So great!! Love and miss ya!
~Chandi

Tatiana said...

Justin and Amy! I didn't know you guys started a blog! So Happy! I'm adding you to my links! So glad that you have joined Chandi and I w/ technology! Love you all!
Tati

The Garza's said...

I am glad to see that you found out how to change your blog. It is adorable - I am also glad you can shoot a target, my only defence is some golf clubs, so hopefully no one breaks into our house - cause I am aimed and ready with a 4 iron. Well hopefully we will all see you soon.