Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mission: Organization

There are a lot of things I like about my kitchen. I like that it has an open feel to the living room, but is still partially separated so when I have dirty dishes in the sink or on the counter you can't see them from the living room. I also like the cabinet space that I have in there. Seriously, I have tons. It didn't seem like a lot when we bought the house, but as I was unpacking I realized I have way more cabinets than dishes. There are empty cabinets, and cabinets that have only one small appliance taking up residence inside. My mom is jealous of the empty cabinets. The thing I really don't like about my kitchen is that I don't have a pantry. Well, I guess I do, but it looks like this:

Yes, you are seeing this right... My pantry is narrow and shaped like a triangle (disclaimer: the shelfliners were there when we bought the house). Our garage is on an odd angle to the house so my pantry got the short end of the stick. I can't fit much in there as you might be able to guess. Because of the lack of pantry, I have my food in 3 different places in the kitchen. This gets confusing some times. Justin never knows where any food is (except for the cereal and chips of course) and I forget where I've put things so I end up buying more at the store just to find out that I already have 10 cans of cream of chicken soup. The other day I got ambitious and reorganized my kitchen. I took all the food out of the cabinets and the tupperware out of its cabinet.


I then organized everything and put it all away. All my cooking food is in one cabinet and my baking stuff is in another. I feel much better now.

The after photos:



























2 comments:

Tatiana said...

Amy,
Way to go w/ the organizing! You WERE ambitious! Doesn't it feel so good now though? I love when everything is in order! It makes me feel really happy! Grace's pictures are cute, sorry you had an annoying girl! I agree, you need more than 30 min for a photo session! Good luck!

Hilary said...

You even used the weird triangular cabinet. Well done!