Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First day of kindergarten


Our family has entered a new phase: the school years.  Grace started kindergarten on August 26, 2013.  She attends James Poole Elementary School in the Harmony ISD.  She has been more than ready for this day.  I truly believe she could have gone to kindergarten last year and been just fine.  She's such a bright little girl and follows directions so well.  She LOVES learning and has great social skills. 

The Thursday before school started we went to "meet the teacher" night.  Grace met her teacher, Mrs. Ward and was able to walk around the classroom, find her seat, put her school supplies in her cubby, etc.  It was a great night.  Grace is so tender hearted and always wants to please people and do the right thing.  I think Mrs. Ward's personality suits Grace perfectly.  We are into the second week and She is still loving it every day. 





So excited to get to work!
meet the teacher night

Justin took the day off of work so he could go with me to take Grace to school and pick her up at the end of the day.  I'm so grateful he did.  While she was at school we kept busy with "house" stuff.  We picked out and ordered all of our counter tops and the stone for the fireplace.  We looked at light fixtures and tile.  The distraction was nice.  While Grace has been looking forward to this day for a long time, I had been dreading it.  I certainly shed a few tears.  It's hard for me to watch my babies grow up.  I feel like I waited so long to be a mom, and my time at home with them is going by way too fast.  I definitely miss her during the day and find myself checking the clock A LOT until I can pick her up.  I'm proud of her and who she is becoming, and I'm excited for her to experience all the wonderful things that this year has in store!   

No comments: