Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Timeline: April 21, 2010

8:00am - Headed to my scheduled prenatal appointment. Having some contractions about 10-12 minutes apart.
9:00 - Dr. checked my progress and I was dilated almost 5cm and about 80% effaced. Dr. decided to hook me up to the monitor and see how often I was contracting.
9:15 - I called Justin to let him know what was going on. He decided to get things cleaned up at work and head towards the doctor's office.
9:25 - Dr. checked the monitor. Contractions were every 3-5 minutes. I was told to get to the hospital and order my epidural so I wouldn't miss my opportunity to get it.
10:00 - Met Justin at the hospital. Got checked in and all set up in a labor room. I had to have 2 pints of IV fluid in me before the anesthesiologist would give me an epidural.
12:00 - Got my epidural!
1:00 - Dr. came by to check my progress. I was now at 6cm and she broke my water. The epidural didn't completely work because I could still feel the contractions in my belly, so after a while I got another dose of medicine which I think numbed me a little too much. At least I couldn't feel any pain, right?!
4:45 - Dr. showed up in her "street clothes" to check me again, but didn't need to since Claire was crowning. She ran to change into her scrubs. The nurses rushed to get everything ready.
4:50 - Began pushing
4:56 - Claire arrived healthy and strong!


Grace and I just hanging out waiting for our friends to pick her up for the rest of the day.
Claire getting checked out and cleaned up
Happy parents!
Proud big sister

Daddy's girls


7 comments:

Brooks, Amber & Maggie Jo said...

We are so glad everything went so fast and smooth. Maggie is looking at the blog with me and she keeps saying "hello, hello, hello" to every picture. Then she askes "who is it". We sure miss you guys and hope to see you all soon. We hope all is going well with a newborn. That is not my favorite life stage, I hope you are enjoying it better than I did. Love Ya
Amber

Brooke Colvin said...

I am so happy for you Amy!! Little Claire is so cute. It is fun having girls and getting to use the clothes and blankets all over again. I hope you are doing well and getting some sort of sleep between your newborn and toddler! I'm glad you are done being pregnant. The end is the hardest part. Congrats to your family of four!!

Dave and Krisha said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations! Claire is such a cute name! We hope you are feeling great and that Grace is loving her new sister! Give both your munchkins loves from us!
Love- Krisha and fam

Queen of Kings said...

Yeah for a new little girl! Claire is a darling name! Glad everything went good reading your post you seem so calm about it all glad they got you more epidural :) You're little family is DARLING we are so happee for you! Hopefully you can get some much needed sleep soon :) Congrats again! Love You!

Katie Petersen said...

It sounds like everything went smoothly. Congrats on little Claire's safe arrival. We are going to bless the baby over Labor day and we would love for y'all to be there if you can make it.

Hilary said...

What? 6 minutes of pushing?! Okay, that's the kind of delivery I want.

The Birds said...

So glad she made it safe and sound. Hope you're all adjusting well and getting at least a little bit of sleep! We love you guys and wish we could be there to cuddle baby Claire!