Thursday, June 19, 2008

Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mormon Mommy

I wish there was a holiday or an occasion in which to receive gifts coming up soon, but there isn't. My birthday has passed, and so has Mother's Day. Christmas is still 6 months away and so is our anniversary. I have been secretly coveting programs such as this one below:
Now I'm not much of a scrapbooker. Never have been. I'm not creative and I can always think of a thousand other things to spend my money on. I also don't know where I would store all the supplies if I had them. I know I would get tired of taking everything out and then cleaning up the mess afterwards until I would just give up on the whole thing. Living outside of Utah it's not that big of a deal if you don't scrapbook. I don't feel as though I'm left out of some Mormon Mom club, but secretly I have always wanted to do the scrapbooking thing. I think they're adorable and a great way to preserve your memories for your posterity. With this whole blog craze I have found something recently that has peaked my interest: Digital Scrapbooking. Some of you are probably wondering where in the world I have been if I just discovered this, but that's okay. You have probably been scrapbooking for years and therefore are in the know about this stuff. I really want to start doing this for several reasons: 1)There are a lot of kits out there in cyber space that can be downloaded for free. 2) My pictures are all on the computer, therefore I wouldn't have to be running off to the store to print them out in order to work on pages. 3) I can be creative and try different layouts without wasting any supplies because I can just delete it and start over if I need to. 4) Everything would be on the computer and not scattered all over my house.
Now that I have convinced myself, and all of you who have gotten this far in this post, I just might have to buy myself a present.
Are any of you out there digi-scrappers? What programs do you use? What are some of your favorite websites for kits?

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Amy, it's really interesting that you posted about this, because I'm currently working on designs for a company thats developing a digital scrapbooking/photo book program. I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you the name of it yet, but when it launches I will let you know for sure. One thing that set their design apart is that it's a little simpler, not as "layered" as the average scrapbook design. They have embellishments that you can add if you have time, and then layouts that all you have to do is pop your photo in.

I'm really not a fan of scrapbooking (uh oh, just offended everyone in my ward) because of the whole "junk everywhere" look, but with the right program you can achieve the same idea in a classier way with less work.


K, I'll get off my soapbox. You asked! Hehe.

Tatiana said...

Amy,
I have a tip...you can actually turn your blog into a book. Neat-o huh! There are companies that you just send them your blog and you can arrange it just how you want it and everything, and then they just print if off in book format, so blogging kills two birds w/ one stone. Keeping in touch w/ friends and fam AND journaling/scrapbooking. Let me know if you want more info.

Desiree and Dave Crocker said...

Amy
I make all of our kids scrapbooks on Shutterfly.com. It is a great website and you can send emails to everyone with your photos at that website and even have your own family photo website page for everyone you know to go to. If you buy pampers for Grace you can collect pampers points and get free photo books from shutterfly. If you have any questions just ask. I live by shutterfly and do not know what I would do without it. Check it out!!!

Desiree'

Lehis said...

Hey, I am typing this for Aaron while he dictates... he is so technically challenged. We enjoy keeping up with your family. I just started a blog for us. Check it out laughinlehikoinens.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!
Aaron & Brandi