Okay people, we're getting down to the wire here. I know I still have roughly 6 weeks to my due date, but I'm not really counting on making it that far. I hope I can go full term, but I'm being realistic here. We're struggling in the baby name department, so that's where you all come in. We need some fresh, new names to mull over. Leave a comment with some name suggestions that you like. Heck, even give suggestions that you don't really like because we might like them.
For those of you who follow our blog but don't have a google account to leave a comment, email me or facebook me with suggestions.
(Can you sense the desperation here? I'd like to go to the hospital with at least a couple of good contenders.)
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
After my last two doctor's appointments I was feeling pretty confidant that this pregnancy could actually make as far as 36 weeks. My sonogram this morning pretty much burst my bubble. Recently, my doctor has been checking for dilation and effacement at every appointment, as well as doing a Fetal Fibronectin (FFN) test every 2 weeks. An FFN is a test for the presence of specific cells in your cervix which can indicate impending labor and delivery. A negative test means that I have less than .03% chance of having the baby in the next two weeks. A positive test means I have a 30% chance of having the baby in the next two weeks. So far I have not been dilated or effaced at all and all my FFN's have come back negative, thus my confidence in a nearly full-term delivery. However, this morning my sonogram showed that my cervix is weakening and shortening quite a bit, and under any pressure, i.e. Braxton Hicks contractions, it shortens even more. My doctor has been pretty great and is doing everything she can to keep this baby inside as long as possible, without having me on bed rest orders (which I GREATLY appreciate). As of this morning my doctor's orders are to stay off my feet as much as possible, no heavy lifting (she specifically said no picking up Grace!), no stress, and I have to stay close to home/hospital. I go in Monday and Tuesday to get steroid shots which will speed up the development of the baby's lungs just in case she does decide to arrive in the next couple of weeks. I guess I'll be spending my weekend relaxing with my feet up! At least it gets me out of cooking and cleaning...
Friday, March 19, 2010
We are currently in the middle of a little kitchen remodel, and I am currently in the nesting phase of this pregnancy. Not a good combo. I can't wait to have a beautiful kitchen, but in the meantime this is what I am living in:
The first coat of primer went on the cabinets this morning. That wood was thirsty! It soaked up the primer in minutes. I guess it needs another coat, which will set us back another day. It's looking like I won't be able to put my kitchen back together until Thursday (Wednesday if I'm lucky!)
We also have visitors coming next week. Justin's parents will be here. Sorry about the mess, but we're anxious to see you!