Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Family Home Evening - Pumpkin Carving

Yesterday, the kids and I ventured out to get pumpkins for Family Home Evening (FHE). We're planning a family outing to the pumpkin patch next weekend, so I decided to embrace my frugal-ness and hit up Wal-mart for pumpkins to carve. Grace was so excited she could hardly contain herself. It turned out to be a great bargaining chip to get her to take a nap. She wanted to carve pumpkins with daddy soooo bad that she didn't give me any trouble when I told her it was time to take a "rest" (I can't call it a nap anymore or she gets an attitude about it, but I'm getting off track now). We had a great time together as a family. This was the first year we've carved pumpkins with Grace and I'm pretty sure it will become a family tradition, seeing how she LOVED every bit of it.








2 comments:

Queen of Kings said...

What a fun FHE! I love those pumpkins they look great! Send Grace our way she can help us carve ours too. Good family tradition to start :)

Unknown said...

How fun! Grace is adorable. And that chunky baby! I just want to squeeze those fat little legs. :)