Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Growing up

Grace is growing up so fast. We love watching her learn and discover new things and grow into new phases and stages, but we sure miss the ones she has outgrown. Recently we converted her crib into a toddler bed. I was worried we'd have a difficult time getting her to stay in her bed at first, but like any of the other transitions we've gone through in her short life, she has pleasantly surprised us. After I put her to bed the first night I went into the kitchen and soon I heard Justin telling her to "go to bed" in a fairly stern voice. I guess she escaped and made it as far as the entrance to the family room. She immediately turned and ran back to her room and then slammed the door closed. We could hear her sobbing on the other side of the door. I think Justin hurt her feelings. She's not used to him being stern with her or being the disciplinarian. He went in and comforted her for a minute and got her to calm down, and she hasn't tried to come out of her room after bedtime since. Once we put her to bed, she stays there until morning. We're pretty lucky.



Grace LOVES her big girl bed



One of Grace's favorite things to do before she goes to bed is brush daddy's hair. She runs into the bathroom, opens the drawer, gets a comb or brush and makes Justin recline the chair as far back as it will go so she can brush his hair. It's adorable. We just can't get enough of her.

2 comments:

Brooke Colvin said...

That is so cute that she brushes his hair! And hooray for staying in her big girl bed. That is a great accoplishment! The crib will be all ready for baby #2 now :)

v said...

Oh my goodness!!! I just saw your count down to baby #2!!! how exciting for you. I had an inkling but was afraid to ask. Congrats!
Veronica